Manages Companies' Network Security
Internet usage has significantly increased to 9.8 Mil. users or 38.1 % of Saudi Arabia's population in 2010 (Source: International Telecommunication Union). Driven by the internet usage growth, IT infrastructure became the backbone of the Kingdom's business operations during the last decade. Today, IT networks are critical to business success, as business operations depend on networking functionalities more than ever.
With businesses broadly utilizing networking resources, security becomes a major issue. For example the total dollar loss due to reported US internet crime incidents more than doubled in 2009 to USD 560 Mil. (Source: Internet Crime Complaint Center). Consequently, internet sabotage and similar threats rank amongst the top risks on fortune 1000's key executive security agendas.
Information leakage, spyware, malware vulnerability, spamming, hacking, phishing and corruption of data are only few of the increasing threats to enterprise IT systems.
The primary task of network security management is to effectively protect networks from threats as shortcomings in network security and suboptimal security policies allow to compromise companies' networks.
How secure is the company's information within the network? How can it be ensured that the network is immune to exploits, tools, malicious scripts and other threats? What are the right offensive and defensive measures? Is there a need to adopt or refine the current measures in place? How can companies ensure continuous protection in a changing technological environment with ever-changing network requirements?
Companies today address network threats in a proactive manner to retain control over networks and company data and manage the process over the complete security lifecycle.
AWAL offers comprehensive network security management services which fully manages clients' network security:
We typically start looking at security related issues ranging from the physical infrastructure over the configurations of network components to the actual users, whereas we focus our assessment on a detailed analysis of technical vulnerabilities.
Moreover, we systematically identify security weaknesses looking at the network from the outside in, analyze security measures from the components within the network and last but not least understand the issues at the different machines. Main outcome of a network security assessment is typically a categorization of identified security risks. We work together with our clients to identify the security shortcomings which need to be addressed and deriving next steps to mitigate the risks.
Elements typically covered (selection):
- Information risk assessment
- BCP/DRP solutions/compliance readiness
- Information security policy management
- Corporate governance and IT governance
- Firewalls / intrusion prevention system
- Gateway and personal anti-virus and anti-spam tools
- Anti-spam and URL filtering
- Digital certificates, VPN and encryption
- Layered security deployment
- URL filtering and digital certificates
After deciding about the implementation of the risk mitigation measures, we typically implement the measures into companies' existing IT landscape as well as optimize network security processes. Once the implementation is done, our managed service team will run the network security center.
Benefits from AWAL offering
Having an up-to-date secure network services is a business enabler, typically results in
- Focus on the day-to-day tasks without worrying about potential or actual security threats due to our Network Security Management service solution
- Improvement of network efficiency and quality of service
- Constant and rigorous review process of components and systems
Additionally, outsourcing network security management allows focusing resources on the core business while having a peace of mind that network security is managed professionally.
- AWAL provides the proven track record of taking complex projects and delivering them successfully on time as we have proven in multiple network security management assignments in the past.
- With our state-of-the-art technology tools, like our newly upgraded network and security operating center as well as our high capacity backbone with multiple redundancies, we are providing highly reliable services to our customers.
- AWAL provides end-to-end solutions out of one hand with its bouquet of services from design to delivery – as a result customers have one specific point of contact for all IT environment related issues.
- Additionally, AWAL is a certified vendor by Cisco and maintains close relationships with leading international partners ensuring the application of best practices to build customized enterprise solutions that are efficient and scalable in the future.
- Furthermore, we are employing a professional and certified delivery team well known for their high standards and comprehensive knowledge. Our delivery team is trained internationally and in KSA on a regular basis and maintains an excellent track record in fulfilling industry quality certifications requirements as per clients needs. Our delivery team is certified in PMP, ITIL and other industry standard certifications AWAL follows international standards, such as ITIL and ISO 9000 / 27000 ensuring a consistent high quality service delivery.